Billy demonstrated RESPONSIBILITY, COURTESY, HONESTY and INTEGRITY, four of our Nine Core Values, by turning in to police the $1,500 he found on the beach. He never expected the recognition he would receive. First, he was interviewed by local TV channel WPTV and then featured nationally on GolfChannel.
He was next invited to attend THE PLAYERS Championship for a ‘sneak peek’ of The First Tee Experience with former PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem, current Commissioner Jay Monahan and The First Tee CEO Keith Dawkins (pictured above with Keith and Jay). Billy was featured in the live interview and even beat the Commissioners and Keith in a closest to the hole contest in a golf simulator. Nice shot Billy!
The First Tee is transforming the way children and families experience the game with the debut of The First Tee Experience at THE PLAYERS Championship. The week-long, interactive destination will welcome children of all ages at TPC Sawgrass in a new 5,000-square-foot, air-conditioned venue located in The McKenzie Noelle Wilson Foundation Kid Zone that features golf-themed games, golf-inspired social media activities and fun, interactive ways for fans to show off their skills and practice their trick shots.
Fans can participate in scaled versions of The First Tee’s signature programs currently offered in schools, at youth centers and at golf facilities around the country and the world.
Highlights of The First Tee Experience include:
- The First Tee’s par-3 Mini-Golf Challenge
- Interactive Nine Core Values golf tee wall
- Virtual reality gaming area
- The First Tee golf simulator presented by aboutGolf
- Military Appreciation Day and Mother’s Day arts & crafts activities
- Digital photo booths and a one-of-a-kind, golf-inspired live interactive art installation by renowned artist Bryan Blue (Blue the Great).
- The First Tee Experience will also feature a recharge lounge for adults to watch the live feed of the tournament and get information on The First Tee and ways they can connect with a chapter in their hometown.