Through the generosity of local Trustees of First Tee and our donors, our chapter offers a college scholarship program to reward dedicated students who participate in our chapter programs through their high school years or assist us as volunteer coaches. Successful candidates will be eligible to receive a grant for their college related expenses of pursuing a full-time degree program at an accredited college or university in the United States for up to four years (such as tuition, a computer, tablet, printer, books or dorm furnishings, etc.). The scholarship amounts will change each year depending on number of candidates and available funding.
The following conditions have been established for the program:
- In order to be eligible, the candidate must have been active in our chapter for a minimum of three years and remain active through their senior year in high school or be a college student serving as a volunteer assistant coach.
- Scholarship applications open May 1st and are due June 30th.
- Please complete the application for the entire school year (Fall + Spring Semesters)
- Students applying for multiple years must volunteer at the chapter during the summer and/or over spring/holiday breaks. Students must also join the First Tee Alumni Network.
- Each candidate must submit the application to the Scholarship Committee and must demonstrate a history of active participation in leadership, mentoring and participation as outlined above.
- Members of the Scholarship Committee will schedule an interview with each candidate to learn more about their college and career goals.
- If an application is approved by the Scholarship Committee, the final award of a scholarship to the successful applicant will be made upon submission of proof of graduation from high school and acceptance by an accredited college or university in the United States or after submittal of a transcript of their most recently completed college year.
- Funds will be disbursed directly to the college after the candidate attends our annual Scholarship Reception (typically in July) and completes a thank you letter as directed.
- The Scholarship Committee may reject any application which is incomplete or improperly completed or fails to demonstrate successful achievement of the standards adopted for the program.
- Approval of any application may be revoked by the Scholarship Committee at any time prior to the award of scholarship funds if a candidate ceases to participate actively in chapter activities or engages in any inappropriate conduct or activities while a chapter participant or assistant coach, which includes the use of social media.
- The Chapter reserves the right to cancel the program at any time without notice. The Scholarship Committee will adjust the award amount of scholarship in any year where necessary to distribute available funds among all successful candidates.
Applications will open in April 2023.
Questions? Contact Carl Mistretta, Executive Director at 561-307-4060 or [email protected]